Years 7 & 8
Our pupils in Years 7 and 8 enjoy a wide range of opportunities and they enjoy being the top pupils in the School.
Their responsibilities include:
- The Year 7 Leadership Programme which gears them up for their numerous roles in Year 8
- Hosting events and dinners
- Giving speeches at House Feasts
- Helping & speaking in Cathedral assemblies, services and concerts
- Organising House competitions
- Organising charity fundraising events
- Being a ‘Buddy’ for our younger children
There is also a wider choice of schools at 13+ and the Common Entrance curriculum is a solid springboard towards GCSE success.
“They leave Year 8 with such confidence and self-esteem; they are so well prepared for their senior schools and they develop a maturity that stands out. Common Entrance is a fantastic foundation for learning as it teaches them to not only achieve but to be conscientious and successful.” Former Parent
“My son moved to a local independent school at 11 and he spent two years marking time before the GCSE curriculum started. I want Years 7 and 8 to be productive for my daughter and that is why she stayed at The Prebendal until she was 13.” Former Parent
There are also various opportunities to experience outward bound education such as trips to Moonfleet, France, Cobnor, Lulworth Cove and many more different day trips. We also organise a Leavers’ Programme which includes career talks, e-safety, drugs awareness lectures, a first aid course and a touch typing course.