Head of ICT
Are you an enthusiastic ICT Teacher looking for a new leadership role? Would you be up for the challenge of leading a department?
We are seeking an eager Head of ICT to play a key teaching role in our wonderful school in Chichester.
About The Prebendal School
The Prebendal School is the oldest school in Sussex dating back to the foundation of Chichester Cathedral in the eleventh century. Our small class sizes and superb pastoral care propagates academic rigour and confident, ambitious children who always aim high.
About the Position
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday, Term time only
Benefits: Wellness Programme, Company Pension, Life Assurance
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Start Date: September 2022
Application Closing Date: 27th June 2022
You will be responsible for:
- The day-to-day running of the subject within the school.
- Leading and providing a point of contact for all matters concerning the teaching of ICT.
- Ensuring that courses are maintained and updated in line with changing School and societal needs.
- Monitoring national subject specific initiatives and the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, schemes of work and teaching and learning strategies in the subject and to inform the Director of Teaching and Learning of any significant changes.
- Being the digital lead for ICT in school – develop staff’s skills and knowledge by introducing efficient systems, new software and training staff to improve the schools ICT delivery and use.
- Part of this role will involve safeguarding responsibilities including the reporting of any safeguarding concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Lead.
- Excellent classroom practitioner who can lead by example.
- A passion for education and an awareness of wider educational issues.
To find out more about this role, please read of Job Description attached below.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete the Application Form attached below and return it to email@example.com
Prebendal School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants for ALL jobs will undergo appropriate child-protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to enhanced level, costs are covered by the company. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.2020.